vorlonscout: (Default)
[personal profile] vorlonscout
I have too much time on my hands. I must.

How else can I explain why, after noticing this post by [livejournal.com profile] lilairen contained an error, I spent the next twenty minutes entering strange things into www.betterwhois.com?

See... a little poking around revealed that frozenrodents.com (what lilairen said) and frozenrodent.com (what she actually linked to) both exist, and are different stores.

This made me curious. So, for the record:

It appears that frozenmouse.com is being squatted by a UK firm (don't go there, you'll be closing popup windows for a week). Whois says that frozenmice.com isn't available either, but there's no website and someone may actually be using it for... something. There is no love for frozenrat.com or frozenrats.com -- both are up for grabs.

The frozencapybara.com domain is unclaimed, but probably not all that practical. (Imagine the shipping costs!) And I have no idea what the plural of "capybara" is.

Somewhere in America, a rock band is missing an opportunity, because frozenvermin.com is available. The only question is where to put the umlauts. (My suggestion: over the "o" and the "i".)

I want to work for frozenfrog.com (Frozen Frog Software of Toronto, according to the whois entry). If they still exist.

Although frozencritter.com isn't in use, frozencritters.com is... by a taxidermist supply outfit. (And, I might add, the mascot terrifies me.)

Wow. I just exceeded my betterwhois.com daily search quota.

I didn't know they had a daily search quota.

Maybe I should stop.

Date: 2002-09-05 03:21 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] palegreyminion.livejournal.com
You worry me sometimes. In a good way, but still...

Date: 2002-09-05 03:25 pm (UTC)
kiya: (pooka)
From: [personal profile] kiya
And I have no idea what the plural of "capybara" is.

The mongoose is a singular bird because no-one can say two of 'em.

Searching www.dictionary.com on 'capybaras' turns up the entries for 'capybara', so I'll guess that's the plural.

Date: 2002-09-05 09:27 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] jehanna.livejournal.com
*pat pat pat*

Look what you (indirectly) caused...

Date: 2002-09-06 12:10 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] kviri.livejournal.com
This (http://www.livejournal.com/talkread.bml?journal=staralshain&itemid=65970) is not my fault.

Not completely, anyway. :)

Date: 2002-09-06 12:47 pm (UTC)
kiya: (pooka)
From: [personal profile] kiya
*ferocious sniggering*

I mentioned this to [livejournal.com profile] oneironaut, who you don't know, and got the response: I was hoping somebody would. So there's someone who thinks a Good Thing has been accomplished. :}

Re: Look what you (indirectly) caused...

Date: 2002-09-06 01:10 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] frozencapybara.livejournal.com
Ha! Right! Don't try to deflect the blame, love: it is ENTIRELY your fault. :P
Page generated Sep. 9th, 2026 06:06 am
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios